Reg. No. 1978/001847/08 Last Updated: 10 March 2003 Prepared in accordance with section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, No. 2 of 2000 (Private Body)
PURPOSE OF MANUAL
The purpose of the Act is to give effect to the constitutional right of access to any information held by the state as well as information held by another person that is required for the exercise or protection of any right.
The purpose of this manual is to facilitate requests for access to records of Radio Pulpit.
This manual is not exhaustive of, nor does it comprehensively deal with, every procedure provided for in the Act. Requesters are advised to familiarise themselves with the provisions of the Act before making any requests to Radio Pulpit in terms of the procedures outlined in the Access to Information Act.
Radio Pulpit makes no representation and gives no undertaking or warranty that the information in this manual or any information provided by it to a requester is complete or accurate, or that such information is fit for any purpose. All users of any such information shall use such information entirely at their own risk, and Radio Pulpit shall not be liable for any loss, expenses, liability or claims, however arising, resulting from the use of this manual or of any information provided by Radio Pulpit or from any error therein.
Radio Pulpit is an independent, trans-cultural and trans-denominational media organisation. Our divine assignment is to proclaim the Gospel message through the production and broadcasting of radio programmes, supported by other electronic media, publications and community initiatives.
Our focus is to be a companion to believers in their journey of faith and to win unbelievers for Christ. We participate in radio missionary activities by facilitating and establishing Christian radio ministries in Africa and provide training and development opportunities for Christian broadcasters.
- Name: Radio Pulpit
- Street Address: 42 Jacobus St, Kilner Park, Pretoria, 0186
- Telephone Number: 012 334 1200
- E-mail (general): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://digispec.co.za/pulpit
GUIDE OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION
The South African Human Rights Commission shall compile the guide contemplated in Section 10 of the Act. The guide shall contain such information as may reasonably be required by a person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in the Act. Any inquiries regarding this guide should be directed to the SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION, at PIAI UNIT, THE RESEARCH AND DOCUMENTATION DEPARTMENT, Private Bag X2700, HOUGHTON, 2041; Telephone Number (011) 484 8300, Facsimile Number (011) 484 1360, Website www.sahrc.org.za , E-mail Address email@example.com.
AVAILABLE RECORDS OF RADIO PULPIT IN TERMS OF LEGISLATION OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
- Companies Act, No. 61 of 1973;
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act, No. 75 of 1997;
- Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998;
- Unemployment Insurance Act, No. 61 of 2001;
- Income Tax Act, No. 58 of 1962;
- Labour Relations Act, No. 66 of 1995;
- Value Added Tax Act, No. 89 of 1991;
- Skills Development Levies Act, No. 9 of 1999;
- Copyright Act, No. 98/1978; and Occupational Health and Safety Act, No. 85 of 1993.
ACCESS TO RECORDS HELD BY RADIO PULPIT
Categories of records of Radio Pulpit which are available without a person having to request access in terms of this Act in terms of section 52(2)
- Die Woord vir Vandag (Daily devotional booklet in Afrikaans, issued quarterly)
- The Word for Today (Daily devotional booklet in English, issued quarterly)
- Brochure on Radio Pulpit’s Community Building Initiative
- Information brochure
- The description of the subjects and categories of records held by Radio Cape Pulpit are the following:
- Incorporation documents
- The Memorandum of Association of Radio Cape Pulpit
- The Articles of Association of Radio Cape Pulpit
- Radio Pulpit company secretarial documents
- Financial records of Radio Pulpit
- Accounting records, books and documents of Radio Pulpit
- Interim and annual financial reports of Radio Pulpit
- Auditors’ report in respect of audits conducted on Radio Pulpit
- Tax returns of Radio Pulpit
- Human resources / employment records
- List of employees
- Letters of employment/contracts with employees
- Records relating to employee benefits
- Personnel files
- Disciplinary records and documentation pertaining to disciplinary proceedings
- Policies and procedures manuals
- Customer-related records
- Records generated by or within Radio Pulpit pertaining to the customers including transactional records (Sales records)
- Miscellaneous agreements of Radio Pulpit
- Loans to/from third parties
- Agreements with suppliers of Radio Pulpit
- Agreements with customers of Radio Pulpit
- Confidentiality and/or non-disclosure agreements
The request procedures
Form of request:
- The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record. This must be made to the Information Officer at the address, fax number or electronic mail address concerned.
- The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the Information Officer to identify the record and the requester.
- The requester should also indicate which form of access is required.
- The requester should also indicate if any other manner is to be used to inform the requester and state the necessary particulars to be so informed.
- The requester must identify the right that is sought to be exercised or to be protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right.
- If a request is made on behalf of another person, the requester must then submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the Information Officer.
- A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester is not required to pay the request fee.
- Every other requester, who is not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee,
- The Information Officer must notify the requester (other than a personal requester) by notice, requiring the requester to pay the prescribed fee (if any) before further processing the request.
- The fee that the requester must pay to a private body is R50.
- The requester may lodge an application to the court against the tender or payment of the request fee.
- After the Information Officer has made a decision on the request, the requester must be notified in the required form.
- If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid for the search, reproduction, and preparation, and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure
OTHER INFORMATION AS MAY BE PRESCRIBED UNDER SECTION 51(1)(f)
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this regard.
AVAILABILITY OF MANUAL
The manual is available for inspection at the offices of Radio Pulpit free of charge; and copies are available with the South African Human Rights Commission, in the Gazette and on the Radio Pulpit website at https://radiopulpit.co.za/
THE PRESCRIBED FORMS AND FEES
The prescribed forms and fees are available on the website of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development under the regulations section.